[RP Town Announce] FW: Trolley Video Sat Feb 3, 3 pm.

riverdaleparkmd at comcast.net riverdaleparkmd at comcast.net
Fri Feb 2 22:19:22 UTC 2007

We are showing a short film clip from the late 1950s of a
trolley car rolling through Riverdale Park and Hyattsville.

The clip is a delightful peek into our past (just 15 minutes long)
with a glimpse of our town center from the late 50s.

When: Saturday, Feb 3, 2007, 3 p.m.
The whole event will take less than an hour.

Where: S&J Restaurant in Riverdale Park Town Center,
6108 Rhode Island Ave and Queensbury Rd. (at the railroad crossing).

Why: Fun - and to build interest in the Trolley Trail.

Dress is very casual - weekend hike-in-the-woods casual.

Weather permitting we will also take a short walk on the
proposed trolley line trail.

The vision is to create a truly pedestrian friendly connection
between Hyattsville, Riverdale Park and College Park town centers
by completing the trolley line hiker-biker trail.

This trail will...

·          be a superb transportation asset–providing many people with
          simple, fast and pleasant walking and biking access to the Metro
          and Marc stations.

·        stimulate the economy by connecting people to the shops and
          restaurants in all 3 towns.

·          grow our sense of shared community to be more friendly,
          walkable and connected.

·          add to the safety of the area between College Park and Riverdale
          Park by transforming what is now a hidden dirt path into a well-lit
          path with routine police patrols.

·          be straight and level with only one grade-level crossing at
          Queensbury Road–making it easy & safe to use.

·          celebrate the historic trolley line and the adjacent WWII
          ERCO airplane factory and Riversdale Mansion.

Here is a map of the route thru RP:
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=665568

No RSVP needed.

Please pass this invite along to anyone that might be interested.

I hope to see you there, this Saturday (Feb 3, 2007), 3 pm. S&J.

Rob Oppenheim