[RP Town Announce] Riverdale Park Small Town Energy Program

Verenice Ciciliano vciciliano at riverdaleparkmd.gov
Thu Jul 12 20:22:02 UTC 2012

Dear Neighbors,

I am writing to announce the July launch of an exciting new program being
offered for the coming year in Riverdale Park that will help turn our
community into a model of energy efficiency for the future.

The program is called the Small Town Energy Program (STEP). The program is
also being offered in College Heights Estates, Hyattsville and University
Park, where it was piloted last year. STEP is funded by a grant from the US
Department of Energy. Participation in STEP is voluntary.

The goal of STEP is to make it easy and affordable for Riverdale Park
residents to improve our homes with respect to:

*	comfort, with fewer drafts and hot/cold rooms;
*	savings, with lower utility bills and huge rebates for home energy
improvements;
*	value, because an energy-upgraded home is worth more to buyers; and
*	health, as STEP helps identify mold, moisture, CO leaks and home air
quality issues.

One of the most innovative benefits of STEP is free support from Energy
Coach Suzanne Parmet. Suzanne makes participation in STEP easy and
manageable. She is there to answer our questions, work with us as we
complete each step of the program, and ensure that we receive every possible
financial incentive.

STEP incentives include limited-time rebates that range from $400 - $4,300.
These rebates can pay for more than half of home energy improvements! STEP
has also arranged below-market financing rates for energy improvements
through a special agreement with Sandy Spring Bank.

Interested Riverdale Park residents are urged to learn more at
<http://www.smalltownenergy.org> http://www.smalltownenergy.org, or to
simply contact Suzanne Parmet at energycoach at smalltownenergy.org or at
240-695-3991.

This summer, look for the STEP Summer Associates coming to Riverdale Park
with more information about the program, and be sure to check out their
booth at the Farmers Market!