[RP Town Announce] Statement of Prince George's County Executive Rushern L. Baker, III Regarding Newly Elected County Council Leadership

Jessica Barnes jbarnes at riverdaleparkmd.gov
Wed Dec 7 14:57:07 UTC 2016

Press Release

For Immediate Release:

December 6, 2016

For Information Contact:

Scott L. Peterson

Press Secretary/Deputy Communications Manager

Phone: 240-619-9400

Statement of Prince George's County Executive Rushern L. Baker, III Regarding Newly Elected County Council Leadership

County Council Members Derrick L. Davis and Dannielle M. Glaros remain in Council leadership roles

Upper Marlboro, MD - Prince George's County Executive Rushern L. Baker, III, released this statement after Council Member Derrick L. Davis was elected Chairman of the County Council and Council Member Dannielle M. Glaros was elected Vice Chair for a second term:

"I would like to congratulate Council Member Derrick L. Davis and Council Member Dannielle M. Glaros as they take on the leadership of the Prince George's County Council for another year.  I look forward to working with them, and the rest of the Council, as we strive to move our great County forward and improve the quality of life for all our residents, citizens and businesses.

Good things are happening in Prince George's County.  Housing prices are rising. We are creating new jobs. And we are a healthier community.  I am confident that we will continue to be successful in 2017 with Mr. Davis and Ms. Glaros leading the council."

Jessica
Jessica E. Barnes
Town Clerk
Riverdale Park