[RP Town Announce] Important Snow Reminders

Jessica Barnes jbarnes at riverdaleparkmd.gov
Fri Jan 22 15:58:06 UTC 2016

Snow Emergency Conditions - Snow emergency conditions shall be considered in
effect within the Town of Riverdale Park whenever a snow emergency is
declared in effect in Prince George's County by the Prince George's County
Executive, the Maryland State Highway Administration or the Maryland State
Police.

Laws that apply:

*	During any period in which a snow emergency condition exists and a
snow emergency is in effect, it shall be unlawful to park any vehicle on any
part of any street designated as a snow emergency street, provided that
signs have been erected on that street giving notice that such street is a
designated snow emergency street.
*	During any period in which a snow emergency condition is in effect,
it shall be

unlawful to park any vehicle on the odd-numbered side of any public street
in the Town of Riverdale Park regardless of whether such street has been
designated a snow emergency street. Streets with parking restricted on one
side are exempt from this section.

*	Any vehicle parked in violation of the snow emergency provisions of
the section

may be removed and impounded by or under the direction of any
duly-authorized police officer. The owner of said vehicle, in addition to
any towing or impound fee, shall be liable for a fine of $250.

Snow and Ice Removal

As we enter into the snow season, please note that Public Works crews will
be plowing and salting Town streets and parking lots to clear snow and ice.
As in the past, we will treat our streets in the following method:

Primary Streets - i.e., Riverdale Road Taylor Road Lafayette Avenue,
Queensbury Road, etc.

Secondary Streets - i.e., DuPont Circle, Cleveland Avenue, Rhode Island
Avenue, Quesada Road, Beale, 49th and 48th Avenues., Silk Tree Drive, etc.

Residential Streets - i.e., Oliver Street., Madison Street., Rittenhouse
Street., 47th Avenue, Somerset Road, Sora Lane., etc.

Please note: our major roadways, (Rt. 201, Rt. 1, Rt. 410, Good Luck Road),
will be treated by the State and County.

Residents of our Town should note that they will be responsible for doing
their part by keeping the walkway in front of their property cleaned of snow
and ice after each event.

What Residents Can Do

*	Whenever possible, move parked cars off the street so that snowplows
can remove the snow from the street from curb to curb.
*	If off-street parking is not available, park on the even side of the
street (violators will be subject to having their vehicles impounded and
fined $250 - 64-10(b)(c)).
*	Be patient during any snow emergency as crews work around the clock
to clear the streets.
*	Clear sidewalks in front of residence and refrain from depositing
snow back on to the roadway (this can potentially cause an accident).

Jessica

Jessica E. Barnes

Town Clerk

Riverdale Park