[RP Town Announce] Snow removal update

Sara Imhulse simhulse at riverdaleparkmd.gov
Tue Jan 26 16:47:58 UTC 2016

Good morning residents:

Public Works is reporting that all roads in Riverdale Park are now passable.
For the next phase of snow removal, we will be pushing the snow all the way
to the curb.  This accomplishes three things: 1) opens up the street for
parking, 2) helps keep the streets dry so they don't refreeze at night in
the cold weather, and 3) opens up the storm water inlets to help with
drainage.

We are still under a weather emergency, so please keep your vehicles on the
odd-numbered side of the street.  Please continue to clear your sidewalks
and walkways, but do not put the snow back in the street.

Snow removal is a joint effort between the Town staff and the residents, and
we appreciate you doing your part to help.  We know how frustrating it can
be to shovel snow for days and then see the plows push the snow back up to
the curb and onto your driveway.  We appreciate your patience.  The forecast
is calling for warmer weather this week, which will help melt some of the
snow.

Our Town staff have worked around the clock to ensure the safety of our
residents.  I'm grateful for their dedication as they leave their own homes
and families in order to protect those in Riverdale Park.

Again, thank you for your patience as we dig out from the storm.  We all
appreciate your efforts to clear sidewalks and walkways, and to look out for
your neighbors.

Sara Imhulse

Town Administrator

Riverdale Park