[RP Town Announce] Prince George’s County to Host Series of Snow Summits to Prepare Residents for the 2016/2017 Snow Season

Jessica Barnes jbarnes at riverdaleparkmd.gov
Thu Oct 13 18:47:43 UTC 2016

For immediate release:
October 13, 2016

For more information, contact:
Paulette L. Jones
Department of Public Works and Transportation
Office:  (301) 883-5600  Cell: (240) 712-0298

Prince George’s County to Host Series of Snow Summits to Prepare Residents for the 2016/2017 Snow Season

LARGO, MD – Prince George’s County will hold a series of Snow Summits to help residents prepare for the upcoming snow and ice winter season.  The Snow Summits will take place on the evenings of October 17th, 18th, and 20th at locations in the northern, central, and southern regions of the County.  The Snow Summits will include information shared by the Department of Public Works and Transportation, Office of Emergency Management, Department of Health and Human Services, Department of Permitting, Inspections and Enforcement, Office of Community Relations/311, Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission and the Prince George’s County Police and Fire Departments.  More information about the Snow Summits can be found here.<http://links.govdelivery.com:80/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTYxMDEzLjY1MDA5MjExJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE2MTAxMy42NTAwOTIxMSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE3Nzc4MzA5JmVtYWlsaWQ9YWxob2x0QGNvLnBnLm1kLnVzJnVzZXJpZD1hbGhvbHRAY28ucGcubWQudXMmZmw9JmV4dHJhPU11bHRpdmFyaWF0ZUlkPSYmJg==&&&100&&&http://www.princegeorgescountymd.gov/DocumentCenter/View/16484>

“I am pleased to see the various agencies working together to provide valuable information to the residents  of Prince George’s County in preparation of the winter months ahead,” said Prince George’s County Executive Rushern L. Baker, III.

Residents will learn about the snow removal operation, how key County agencies serve them during snow events, and be able to get answers to questions they may have in preparation of the snow and ice season. The Snow Summits are the first of its kind hosted by the County, and will serve as a great opportunity for the residents to proactively plan for the winter weather.

“We are really encouraging residents to prepare now for the winter season,” said Darrell B. Mobley, Director of the Department of  Public Works and Transportation (DPW&T).  “Although we cannot predict what the winter season will bring, we are providing residents with information that will assist them with getting through the winter, regardless of the severity of the weather conditions.”

CALENDAR OF SNOW SUMMITS:

SNOW SUMMIT 1:
Monday, October 17th, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Harmony Hall Regional Center
10701 Livingston Road
Fort Washington, MD

SNOW SUMMIT 2:
Tuesday, October 18, 2016, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Laurel Beltsville Senior Center
7120 Contee Road
Laurel, MD

SNOW SUMMIT 3:
Thursday, October 20, 2016, 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Palmer Park City Community Center
7720 Barlowe Road
Landover, MD

###