[RP Town Announce] Metro Update: College Park west entrance escalator replacement to begin Monday, October 17

Jessica Barnes jbarnes at riverdaleparkmd.gov
Fri Oct 14 20:01:37 UTC 2016

On Monday, October 17, 2016, Metro will begin a major capital project replacing the entrance escalator at the west entrance of College Park-U of Md Metrorail station. The project will replace the current escalator, which was installed in 1998 and has exceeded its useful life, with a brand new escalator that is more durable and reliable. Metro's contractor, KONE, will install the new escalator as part of our ongoing project to replace 128 escalators across the Metrorail system.

The west entrance has one escalator, one elevator and concrete stairs providing access to College Park station. While the escalator is replaced, the stairs and street elevator will remain in service. Additionally, customers may also use the east side entrance which also has an escalator and elevator.

This escalator replacement is expected to take about 5 months for site preparation, demolition, construction, installation and testing.

We know that this work will impact you and your organization, and we want you to be as prepared as possible. Please forward this information along to others who may be affected in your organization so that they may plan appropriately. Updated information will continue to be posted on Metro's website (wmata.com<http://www.WMATA.com>).

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Sincerely,

Lisa Schooley
External Relations
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority

Email: lschooley at wmata.com<mailto:lschooley at wmata.com>
Direct line: (202) 962-1754

600 5th Street, NW
Room 3E-11
Washington DC 20001

Customers are encouraged to sign up for MetroAlerts, the email and text messaging alert system designed to provide bus and rail customers with improved up-to-the-minute information about planned service changes and delays. Bus customers can receive alerts and advisories regarding route-specific delays, detours, schedule changes and construction activity. Learn more about this service online<http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/news/PressReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=5170>, or sign up today at wmata.com/MetroAlerts<http://www.wmata.com/metroalerts>.

Jessica
Jessica E. Barnes
Town Clerk
Riverdale Park