[RP Town Announce] COUNTY COUNCIL TO HOLD BRIEFING ON PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY SCHOOL ISSUES

Jessica Barnes jbarnes at riverdaleparkmd.gov
Mon Sep 19 15:22:24 UTC 2016

For Immediate Release
Friday, September 16, 2016

Contact:
Angela J. Rouson
301.952.7484
CouncilMedia at co.pg.md.us<mailto:CouncilMedia at co.pg.md.us>

COUNTY COUNCIL TO HOLD BRIEFING ON PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY SCHOOL ISSUES

The Prince George's County Council will hold a Committee of the Whole (COW) briefing concerning the status of the Head Start program and student safety, on Monday, September 19, 2016 at 11:30 a.m. in the Council Hearing Room, First Floor, County Administration Building, 14741 Governor Oden Bowie Drive in Upper Marlboro.

Prince George's County Schools CEO Dr. Kevin M. Maxwell; Board of Education Chair Dr. Segun C. Eubanks; Board of Education Vice-Chair Carolyn M. Boston; and Board of Education Members Curtis Valentine will brief the Council.

Council Chair Derrick L. Davis (D) - District 6, says the briefing is an opportunity for Council Members to hear directly from leadership concerning recent events in the school system.

"The safety and welfare of our County's children and the students enrolled in Prince George's County Schools is our highest priority. The Council, by exercising our oversight role and insisting on a management structure and set of values that require full accountability, will need to see hard evidence of the measures being taken to ensure these lapses will not happen again and that any systemic issues are comprehensively addressed."

The Council briefing on Prince George's County School issues will be live streamed at http://pgccouncil.us/303/County-Council-Video

WHAT:
Prince George's County Council PGCPS/ Board of Education Briefing

WHO:
Prince George's County Council
PGCPS CEO Dr. Kevin Maxwell
Board of Education Chair Dr. Segun Eubanks
Board of Education Vice-Chair Carolyn Boston
Board of Education Member Curtis Valentine

WHEN:
Monday, September 19, 2016
11:30 a.m.

WHERE: