[RP Town Announce] Riverdale Park mosquito spray night notification

Jessica Barnes jbarnes at riverdaleparkmd.gov
Tue May 22 15:02:43 UTC 2018

Good morning,

Below, please find the message received by the Town from the Maryland Department of Agriculture regarding Mosquito Spraying:

This is to notify you that your scheduled spray night is TUESDAY. Spray season begins on June 4th and is anticipated to end on September 18th. Spraying will begin after dark and may continue until midnight or later. We do not conduct spray activity during daylight hours. If you see a truck in your community spraying during the day, it is not the State of Maryland.

Spraying will commence as soon as it is dark. As a precaution, we advise residents to stay inside their homes and close their windows while the spray truck is in the vicinity, bring in any pets, and remain in the home until 30 minutes after the spray truck has passed by. If there are people outside when the truck passes by, no spray will be released and the truck will not make another pass down that street.

The spray schedule will rotate every 3 weeks. This means that your community may or may not be sprayed each week. The frequency will be determined by surveillance data collected and complaints received. In order to determine if your community will be sprayed on its scheduled spray night, please contact our office between 2-4 pm that day. You may call or email. See below.

Thank you,

[cid:image001.png at 01D3F1BC.68001D60]

Ms. Stormy Keyes
Office Secretary III
Department of Agriculture
Mosquito Control
8071 Greenmead Drive
College Park, MD 20740
Office: 301-422-5080<tel:(410)%20841-5920>
Fax: 301-422-0502<tel:(410)%20841-5835>
Email: stormy.keyes at maryland.gov<mailto:stormy.keyes at maryland.gov>

Visit Our Website at: www.mda.maryland.gov<http://www.mda.maryland.gov/>

Jessica
Jessica E. Barnes
Town Clerk
Riverdale Park
5008 Queensbury Road
Riverdale Park, MD 20737
www.riverdaleparkmd.info<http://www.riverdaleparkmd.info/>
301-927-6381 x505

A Welcoming Community, Come Grow with Us!

DISCLAIMER:  All Town of Riverdale Park email recipients are cautioned that messages sent and received  via the Town's email system may be considered public record pursuant to the Maryland Public Information Act, and may be subject to inspection and copying by the public.