[RP Town Announce] FW: UMD Summer Art Camp

Jessica Barnes jbarnes at riverdaleparkmd.gov
Tue May 14 12:52:34 UTC 2019

From: Jianna Howard <jchoward at umd.edu>
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2019 12:06 PM
Cc: Tara N Youngborg <tny at umd.edu>
Subject: UMD Summer Art Camp

Hello,

I am the Graduate Assistant at Studio A, a small art studio in the Student Union on The University of Maryland's campus. I found your information on your town website.

My manager and I coordinate an annual summer art camp in our space and I'm writing in hopes that you'd be able to help promote this opportunity to local children and their families.

Below please find the description of the camp on our website:

Looking for a fun, immersive and interactive summer arts experience for your kids that won’t break the bank? Studio A at the University of Maryland offers 4 one-week Summer Art Camp sessions, open to children ages 6-12.

The Studio A Summer Art Camp runs from 9am-4pm, with After Care available from 4:30-5:30pm. Each week, campers participate in three art specialties with trained arts professionals, from drawing and painting to sculpture and media, to music and dance. Specialties change each week, so campers may register for more than one session to explore more mediums. Every week culminates in a showcase for campers’ artistic achievements. The cost is $225/wk, and $40/wk for aftercare.

Summer Art Camp 2019 Schedule

Session I: 7/8/2019 - 7/12/2019

Session II: 7/15/2019 - 7/19/2019

Session III: 7/22/2019 - 7/26/2019

Session IV: 7/29/2019 - 8/2/2019

Hours:

Before Care

8:00am to 9:00am

Camp Hours:

9:00am to 4:00pm

After Care:

4:30pm to 5:30pm

Drop Off:

8:30am to 9:10am

Pick Up:

4:00pm to 4:30pm

After Care Pick Up:

no later than 5:30 pm (Late fees of $1.00/min. after 5:30pm)

Below is a link with more information and the registration page:

https://thestamp.umd.edu/studioa/summer_art_camps

Studio A main number:

301-314-ARTS (2787)

studioa at umd.edu<mailto:studioa at umd.edu>

Jianna Howard, Studio A Graduate Coordinator

301-314-9814

jchoward at .umd.edu<http://umd.edu>

Stamp Student Union Information Desk:

301-314-DESK (3375)

Tara Youngborg, Studio A Manager

301-314-8493

Refunds: Refunds are granted if requested 2 weeks before the session begins.

I’m grateful for any assistance in advertising this opportunity in newsletters, social media, websites, etc.

If you are not the person I should be in contact with for this, can you please relay the contact information of someone that could help!

If you need more information or have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out.

I look forward to hearing back from you,

Jianna Howard

Jianna Howard
Health Equity MPH 2020 Candidate
Graduate Assistant, Studio A