[RP Town Announce] Maryland Insurance Administration Updates

Jessica Barnes jbarnes at riverdaleparkmd.gov
Thu Apr 15 15:34:28 UTC 2021

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D731EB.4AE92D30]

Kathleen A. Birrane
Commissioner

Have an insurance issue or question? The Maryland Insurance Administration is eager to help you!

Maryland Insurance Administration Events
Tuesday, April 20, 1 pm-3:30 pm
Flood Insurance Forum
Join the Maryland Insurance Administration, FEMA, and the Maryland Department of the Environment to learn about the importance of flood insurance and steps that can be taken to know, reduce, and insure the risk of flooding. During this event, you will have the opportunity to hear from speakers on numerous topics related to flooding.
For more information: https://tinyurl.com/64p9at6v

Throughout April
Financial Education Series
April is Financial Education Month. Every Wednesday in April, the Maryland Insurance Administration is hosting a series of virtual events, where we will be discussing topics that may help with the financial well-being of Marylanders. We will discuss credit, student loans, check-cashing establishments, first-time homebuyers, life insurance, reverse mortgages, investments and other topics.
For more information: https://tinyurl.com/5tfsm23j

Wednesday, April 21, 1 pm-2:30 pm
Planning for the Future (with Maryland Supplemental Retirement Plans and Baltimore City Register of Wills)

Wednesday, April 28, 1 pm-2:30 pm
Security for Seniors and Families (with the Office of the Commissioner of Financial Regulation and Maryland 529)

Save the Date!
Details on how to join us for these future events will be available at insurance.maryland.gov<https://insurance.maryland.gov>

Thursday, May 13, 1 pm-4 pm
Listening Session: The Role of Insurance in Addressing Health Care Inequities
Join the Maryland Insurance Administration as we hear from both invited panelists and consumers regarding the role insurance can play in addressing health care inequities and where gaps, challenges, confusion and barriers exist.

Tuesday, May 18, 11 am-12:30 pm
Ask MIA Virtual Open House
Join the Maryland Insurance Administration for a virtual Open House. Learn more about how we can help you and discuss your insurance issues one-on-one with an MIA representative. Stop by and chat with us!

Thursday, May 20, 1 pm-2:30 pm
Virtual Government Agency Expo: Key Resources in the Battle Against Substance Use and Mental Health Conditions

Thursday, June 3, 1 pm-2:30 pm
Ask MIA Virtual Open House

Thursday, June 24, 1 pm-4 pm
Listening Session: Financial Security (Life and Disability) Insurance Issues for the LGBTQ+ Community

Recent Consumer Advisories/Press Releases
Consumer Advisory: Receiving a COVID-19 vaccination does not imperil life insurance benefits
https://insurance.maryland.gov/Pages/newscenter/NewsDetails.aspx?NR=2021301
Consumer Advisory: Maryland health carriers required to cover the administration of FDA-authorized antibody therapies for COVID-19 with no cost-sharing for patients
https://insurance.maryland.gov/Pages/newscenter/NewsDetails.aspx?NR=2021300
Press Release: Maryland Insurance Administration to hold public hearing on mental health parity regulations
https://insurance.maryland.gov/Pages/newscenter/NewsDetails.aspx?NR=2021306
Press Release:  Maryland Insurance Administration issues fraud and licensing violation orders against five people, four companies
https://insurance.maryland.gov/Pages/newscenter/NewsDetails.aspx?NR=2021295
Consumer Advisory: Protect yourself against mail delivery delays
https://insurance.maryland.gov/Pages/newscenter/NewsDetails.aspx?NR=2021294
Press Release: Maryland Insurance Administration launches Spanish and Korean website sections https://insurance.maryland.gov/Pages/newscenter/NewsDetails.aspx?NR=2021291
Consumer Advisory: Marylanders are eligible for 'no-cost' COVID-19 vaccinations
https://insurance.maryland.gov/Pages/newscenter/NewsDetails.aspx?NR=2020290

Consumer Resources
A Consumer Guide to Auto Insurance
https://insurance.maryland.gov/Consumer/Documents/publicnew/autoinsuranceguide.pdf
A Consumer Guide to Homeowners Insurance
https://insurance.maryland.gov/Consumer/Documents/publications/homeownersinsguide.pdf
Health Insurance Shopping Tool
https://insurance.maryland.gov/Consumer/Documents/publicnew/Health-Insurance-Shopping-Tool.pdf
Medicare Supplement FAQs
https://insurance.maryland.gov/Consumer/Documents/publicnew/Medicare-Supplement-FAQs.pdf
A Consumer Guide to Auto Insurance for Teen & Young Drivers
https://insurance.maryland.gov/Consumer/Documents/publications/teenautoinsguide.pdf

Insurance Complaints
The Maryland Insurance Administration remains fully operational during the COVID-19 emergency. We're encouraging anyone would like to file an insurance complaint to use our online portal:
https://insurance.maryland.gov/Consumer/Pages/FileAComplaint.aspx
We can also be reached anytime at 1-800-492-6116.

Special note: The Maryland Insurance Administration is available to give virtual presentations on insurance-related topics to community groups.

Jessica
Jessica E. Barnes
Town Clerk
Director of Administrative Services
Town of Riverdale Park
5008 Queensbury Road
Riverdale Park, MD 20737
www.riverdaleparkmd.gov<http://www.riverdaleparkmd.gov/>
301-927-6381 x505
[cid:image003.png at 01D731EB.4AE92D30]<https://www.facebook.com/RiverdaleParkMD/>[cid:image004.png at 01D731EB.4AE92D30]<https://twitter.com/Riverdale_Park_>[cid:image005.png at 01D731EB.4AE92D30]<https://www.instagram.com/riverdaleparkmd_gov/>
A Welcoming Community, Come Grow with Us!

DISCLAIMER:  All Town of Riverdale Park email recipients are cautioned that messages sent and received  via the Town's email system may be considered public record pursuant to the Maryland Public Information Act, and may be subject to inspection and copying by the public.