[RP Town Announce] Statement from the Town of Riverdale Park

Jessica Barnes jbarnes at riverdaleparkmd.gov
Mon Nov 20 18:55:24 UTC 2023

Statement from the Town of Riverdale Park

Tragically, at approximately 8:00 a.m. this morning, two children were struck by a vehicle as they walked to Riverdale Elementary School. Both children died in this accident. The driver stayed at the scene. At this time, I ask that all residents join me, the Town Council, and staff in prayer for the families experiencing this unimaginable loss and pain. We also hold those who witnessed and responded to this horrific accident in our thoughts and prayers.

Alan K. Thompson, Mayor

Trágicamente, aproximadamente a las 8:00 a.m. de esta mañana, dos niños fueron alcanzados por un vehículo mientras caminaban hacia la Escuela Primaria Riverdale. Los dos niños murieron en este accidente. El conductor se quedó en la escena. En este momento, pido que todos los residentes se unan a mí, al Concejo Municipal y al personal en oración por las familias que experimentan esta pérdida y dolor inimaginable. También tenemos a aquellos que fueron testigos y respondieron a este horrible accidente en nuestros pensamientos y oraciones.

Alan K. Thompson, Alcalde

Jessica
Jessica E. Barnes
Director of Administrative Services/Town Clerk
Town of Riverdale Park
5008 Queensbury Road
Riverdale Park, MD 20737
www.riverdaleparkmd.gov<http://www.riverdaleparkmd.gov/>
301-927-6381 x505
301-832-6068 (cell)

[cid:image001.png at 01DA1BB9.351A32A0]<https://www.facebook.com/RiverdaleParkMD/>[cid:image002.png at 01DA1BB9.351A32A0]<https://twitter.com/Riverdale_Park_>[cid:image003.png at 01DA1BB9.351A32A0]<https://www.instagram.com/riverdaleparkmd_gov/>
A Welcoming Community, Come Grow with Us!

DISCLAIMER:  All Town of Riverdale Park email recipients are cautioned that messages sent and received via the Town's email system may be considered public record pursuant to the Maryland Public Information Act, and may be subject to inspection and copying by the public.