[RP TownTalk] Subscriber Count

Rob Oppenheim rob.oppenheim at comcast.net
Mon Dec 5 18:44:58 UTC 2005

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 07:52:01 -0500, David Hiles wrote:
>What is the current subscriber count for the three town email lists?
>How does that compare to the circulation of the Crier?

The Crier bulk mail goes to approx 2,200 addresses in town,
at a cost of 15.2 cents each. Approx. $335 per issue.

A few more Criers go out of town by 1st class postage.
The 1st class mailing list is fairly small and is handled by
town staff. I do not know the count. I would guess 30, but
it could easily be twice that.

Actual Crier readership is much harder to estimate.
In some homes, there are multiple readers per Crier
while in other homes, no one reads it. A wild guess
would say these two groups cancel each other out,
and we end up with about 2,000 readers.

During my brief tenure as acting Communication Chair,
Alan and I established the first email lists and at that time
I had administrative rights on the ComTalk list. I no longer
have that access, so I am unable to answer your question
about email subscriber counts. I hope Alan will.

Rob Oppenheim
Former Town Crier Editor
Current Ward One Candidate