[RP TownTalk] Update on the Anaya family

Rob Oppenheim rob.oppenheim at comcast.net
Fri Dec 23 02:33:37 UTC 2005

Many of you know Mr Anaya as Joe and knew Mrs Anaya's as Sondra,
who died Dec 10. In addition to asthma she had an aneurysm and
swelling on the brain.

Some donations have already arrived. Thank you.

They now have plenty of clothes and toys. Each child has received four
brand new outfits and lots of toys. One of the goals now is to get a girls
bedroom together and organized for them.

The Passion & Compassion ministry (Paster Slye) will be helping them
with heating bills this winter and has given them a couch, a love seat
a nearly new stove, and is helping the family get organized.

The family is still in need of sturdy organizers, money, day care, and meals.

They need some solid chest of drawers that can stand up to the rough use
of eight kids, ages 2 to 12. Flimsy stuff gets broken up and there is the worry
of choking hazards to the younger kids. I hope to get a couple of dressers
for them this Friday afternoon. Let me know if you know of a good source.

In addition to the 8 children, the Anaya family has a dog named Handsome,
who, I am told, could use a bath, a veterinarian, a larger collar and some
regular exercise.

The family's need will continue past Christmas, and so may your donations.

You can make checks out to "Passion & Compassion" with a note
"for the Anaya family" and your donation is tax deductible.

Drop donations at Town Hall, or at the Christian Life Center or mail it to:
Passion & Compassion
Christian Life Center
5600 Taylor Road
Riverdale Md, 20737

Town Hall will likely close early on Friday Dec 23 and is closed Monday Dec 26.

(Trash collection for Area A is on Tues 27th and Area B on Wed 28th.
The Crier has trash collection wrong for New Years. Offices are closed
Monday Jan 2, Area A trash will be collected Tues the 3rd and Area B
on Wed the 4th.)

Contacts:
Rob Oppenheim home 301-779-1745
Paster Ben Slye cell 301-404-0515