[RP TownTalk] New Crier Web Site and my resignation as Editor

Rob Oppenheim oppenheim at email.com
Tue Nov 1 08:15:28 UTC 2005

I set up an experimental mini-web site for the Riverdale Park Town Crier.
You can visit it here: www.rptc.us
Please let me know what you think of it.

You can download the latest November 2005 Town Crier there, although
the paper version should arrive at your home later today, Tuesday 11/1/05.

In the November issue, I explain the reason that I am stepping aside
as Town Crier Editor. Basically, it is to open the position so that it might
be filled via a rigorous selection process. Some people complained
that I had been hired without such a process. Rather than have
that cloud hanging over me, I am stepping aside.

I am considering how I want to serve our community and I may
re-applying for the job. If I do, my application will be considered
the same as any other, and if I'm not the next editor, I will help
with the transition.

If you are interested in being the Town Crier Editor, I encourage
you to let Pat Prangley know of your interest.

Read my article on page 2 of the November Crier to learn more.

Thank you for the opportunity to serve our community.

Sincerely
- Rob Oppenheim
Former Town Crier Editor