[RP TownTalk] Interim web site first sketch...

Alan Thompson (Riverdale Park Webmaster) webmaster at ci.riverdale-park.md.us
Thu Nov 3 01:00:09 UTC 2005

Hi CommComm,

At the request of Mayor Archer, I created a simple design for a
single-page web site to serve as the new face of the town during the
transition to a new web site.  This will be updated with various
pieces of relevant news, and one-way links to other pages (for
example, a pdf of the Town Crier, or a single-page article on
something interesting) but not the intricate web of links that you
find on the current site.  You can view the draft design at
http://www.ci.riverdale-park.md.us/indexint.html  I was hoping to
swap out a few of the small photos at the top with some photos I got
from Leslie Plant, but keep getting distracted; I will get to that
tomorrow or Friday with a little luck.

I welcome ANY and ALL comments on this.  In particular:

(1) Does this entire idea sound good?

(2) I've only seen this in FireFox and Safari, so impressions of
design from people with other browsers (especially various versions
of Internet Explorer) are especially welcome.

(3) Colors?

(4) Fonts?

(5) Headline width?

I have only invested a little time in this, so any suggestions for
improvement are welcome.

Regards,

Alan

--