[RP TownTalk] Freedom of choice in shopping

Jim Coleman jcolema3 at netscape.net
Sun Oct 16 22:08:06 UTC 2005

I find this issue to be very much about the type of community we want to live in. Supporting local business is a great concept. Convenience and quality of life are just as important, though. New businesses in this great little town of ours are vital to its survival. They spur on competition, expansion, and new jobs which we want for our community, as well. Dumm's and other businesses will thrive by noticing holes in grocery store offerings anyway.

How many liquor stores are in Riverdale Park? I'm guessing very few. I believe Mr. Ross has put forward a very progressive idea and I'd support it with the proviso that it is adequately backed up by restrictions on hours that beer and wine can be sold and stepped up police support for any possible behavioral issues.

We are all good citizens for engaging in this debate and I'm sure it will result in the town's improvement due to our interest.

Thanks,

Jim Coleman
4911 Somerset Road
Riverdale Park