[RP TownTalk] Not a class issue

stephanie blue defbanana at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 18 16:59:35 UTC 2005

Don't you think that your remark opened the door for others to reply?  It
was so vague and ambiguous as to appear innocuous on the surface but
honestly, it struck me as threat of sorts.  It struck me as implying that
you have the resources and are prepared to take your money elsewhere leaving
the rest of us here to sort it out.

I can't believe that you would post a comment that to me, was clearly
intended to send a very clear message in order to elicit a visceral response
from the reader and then retaliate with a suggestion that the response
crossed the line.

Stephanie

<BLOCKQUOTE style='PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #A0C6E5
2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px'><font
style='FONT-SIZE:11px;FONT-FAMILY:tahoma,sans-serif'><hr color=#A0C6E5
size=1>
-0400</i><br>&gt;ListAdmin: is the message below from Jared over the
line?<br>&gt;<br>&gt;Here are portions of the towntalk list guidelines that
list is open to all Riverdale Park residents. It<br>&gt;is a way for you to
discuss anything you think might be of interest to<br>&gt;other residents or
the town's government. Discussions should be polite<br>&gt;and respectful of
the opinions of others.<br>&gt;snip<br>&gt;Personal attacks and profanity
are not allowed and will not be<br>&gt;tolerated. We reserve the right to
reject or delete any message and to<br>&gt;remove and ban any user from the
list. Policies for acceptable use of<br>&gt;this list may change in the
wrote:<br>&gt;<br>&gt;David Hiles wrote: &quot;...or maybe sends me and
other high income citizens<br>&gt;another message...&quot;  The discussion
is great, but, David, making this a<br>&gt;class issue is tacky and cheap.
If that is your message, then I'm<br>&gt;comfortable telling you to go
elsewhere.  If I misunderstood you,<br>&gt;please
waiting
mailing list<br>&gt;To post to the list, send mail to
TownTalk at riverdale-park.org<br>&gt;TownTalk-request at riverdale-park.org is
for automated subscription processing