[RP TownTalk] Mr Caputo's Presentation at Town Hall

Rob Oppenheim oppenheim at email.com
Thu Sep 8 03:48:49 UTC 2005

What happened to Eckerd...

Mr. Caputo explained that Eckerd backed out of the deal last spring
leaving his company, PDC, without a tenant and a bank note
costing over $14,000/month and a bank that was upset because
he had no tenant. PDC was in negotiations with Eckerd about
cancelling this location for several months, but that Eckerd
was now out of the picture.

He explained that last year Brooks purchased Eckard Phamarcy
(CVS also purchased some locations) and that Brooks decided
to dramatically cut back on opening new stores and cancelled
3 contracts with PDC for new locations - including this location.

Me Caputo stated that problems with curb cuts was not the
reason Eckard backed out. Brooks cancelled many store
openings due to cash and profitability issues.

None of this really matters much to us, except that it means
some other tenant will be found. I wonder what that might
mean to zoning and already approved plans.

I would guess, that if the site plan has no significant change
that it means nothing. But that if a new tenant wants a different
building that it would be back to square one, and M-UTC would
apply?