[RP TownTalk] MUTC -d condo development and corner of EW/RT1

dominey at mris.com dominey at mris.com
Wed Apr 5 14:53:57 UTC 2006

I am a resident of Hyattsville, but I strongly believe that smart development and planning - or bad one, for that matter - in Riverdale Park will have a tremendous impact on us all. I think that the commercial development should encourage and attract pedestrians and not shoppers arriving in cars and making our traffic situation even worse, so maybe it would be wise to create such an environment inside of Riverdale Park. I also know that the more amenities a condo building has, the more expensive it can get, the higher the monthly condo dues and the less attractive to prospective buyers. An affordable, well built, bright and well managed condo unit with a reasonable condo fee will be much more attractive to prospective condo dwellers. (My 5 cents as a licensed real estate agent for the past almost 8 years).
As far as the proposed Wachovia development, Mr. Walker is right in that if the developer does not have enough funds/expertise/vision he will not create and deliver a quality project. Please beware of empty promises and MOUs that cannot be enforced!! Hyattsville and Riverdale Park DO NOT need to give in out of fear that development will elude us. Times do have changed and we are sitting on prime real estate, as long as we make good, quality, lasting use of it.
Sandra Dominey
4005 Queensbury Road