[RP TownTalk] Sarah's Cyburbia link

Alice Ewen Walker alice.ewen.walker at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 14:52:54 UTC 2006

Thanks for sending the link. For those interrested, here are a couple
of web links on urban planning that often have good visuals.

http://www.planetizen.com
http://www.cyburbia.org (again)
http://www.smartgrowth.org/
http://www.mncppc.org/cpd/riverdalepark.htm (MUTC guidelines for Riverdale Park)

It seems like a lot of the feedback I've heard centers on execution.
Good design and materials can make a large building attractive.  Bad
design can make it seem like a giant box.

For the developer, being able to visually see what we mean when we say
'make it look good', can be helpful.  I think the MUTC guidelines
articulate what the town wants pretty well.  Feel free to send along
other images that exemplify what you mean.

- Alice

PS - A co-op would be cool.  I don't know what it takes to make it
work as a business, but Greenbelt Co-op, TPSS Co-op, Glut, and Mom's
appear to be successful.