[RP TownTalk] Marylandlandtax.org

Jack R. Jones jrjones at smart2.net
Thu Apr 13 02:37:37 UTC 2006

Hi all,

David, I see I am in good company...I to am being monitored for lack
of civility...I have a strong tendency to question authority beyond
its comfort level of critique.

And "stubborn cuss"...hugs and applause for such a compliment. Almost
as good as my  High School Latin teacher "JACK, you are a
non-conforming non-conformist!!! "Thank you Ms. Johnson", speak of
the stubborn, last I heard of her a couple years ago...at 85+ still
teaching Latin three days a week.

TOO THE POINT- The site allows up to 250 sites to be pulled down at a
time so you could check out Commercial, Industrial, Multi Family, et
cetera. This data base covers the entire state, so if you have
something in another county you can check that too.

Also we have had some problems with extracting data out of the SDAT
GIS formatting of the data base. So if you find any holes in the data
please let me know and I'll pass it on to HQ at CSE/HGFA in
Philadelphia, to see if it can be corrected.

AND, I believe Bruce has given Gerry an invite to expound upon the
virtues of taxing production, that is taxing buildings and other
improvements on the land.

OH YES, I missed this before, from my vantage point, I was never able
to archive the four person majority necessary for certain passage.
Several times I finally persuaded the fourth person with in three to
four months of the election...but they told me the election is so
close I can't bring this up until after the election, then the
Election Fates would leave me with two or three in favor and a new
batch to persuade.

So I guess it will happen when enough people get together and
convince the Mayor and Council that staying in office will require
passing the LVT. One stubborn cuss can keep the issue coming back; it
will take a hundred or so stubborn cusses to get it passed and moving
Riverdale Park from a 20 year stagnation into a vital economic
future. And keep in mind the more taxes you can shift onto land, the
more the positive effect will be.

Later,
Jack
--
"We have met the enemy, and he is us!" Pogo Possum
http://theriverdaleobserver.blogspot.com