[RP TownTalk] [TownTalk] traffic issues con't.

bruce.wernek at mindspring.com bruce.wernek at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 25 16:28:45 UTC 2006

Eric

Sidewalks run on both sides of Queensbury Road from the Town Hall all the way to the west boundary.  Beyond that we have no jurisdiction.

Buses are exempt from the directional postings.  I apologize, I should have mentioned this.  I took it for granted that everyone knew.

Frankly, our town couldn't be more transit or pedestian oriented.  There are numerous bus stops on Queensbury and Riverdale road among others.  There are sidewalks along 95% of the streets in the sections between Kenilworth and the towns west border.  There's a train station in the center of town and a subway station 1/2 mile away.  There's a bike trail along the creek from Lake Artimesia to Comar Manor and two parks along this route not to mention the Riversdale Mansion.  Numerous business on Rt 1 and Kenilworth are well within walking distance.  The main area which is lacking is the Town Center which has been vacant largely because of unrealistic rental rates not because business owners don't want to rent the spaces.  I think Riverdale is aces in the areas of transit/pedestrian friendly.

Bus stops on Rt 410 would not make things any worse if there are pullover lanes.  If anything they would slow down the speeders.  If there are directional postings in the town, the "commuters" will be forced to stay on Rt 410.  Problem solved.

Bruce