[RP TownTalk] [TownTalk] traffic issues con't.

ickyfoot eric at ickyfoot.com
Tue Apr 25 21:00:28 UTC 2006

 >When you figure out how to motivate someone who owns private property
to do something different than what they want to do, let me know! :-)

Heh...well it's tough when they are willing to leave the damn things
completely empty.

My apologies for inadvertantly calling people "slum lords" who may well
not be. I have heard stories about Jamal from a friend who also lives in
the neighborhood, and the term seems to apply to him. I was unaware of
others owning property in Riverdale. I know nothing about these other
property owners, so I can't fairly apply that term.

As for the store front, I kind of had the impression that there were a
lot of artists around. I recall hearing that the Riverdale area
development is being conceived of as something of an artist community.
This got me thinking. I'm a musician, I know artists in the area, etc.
What if one of the stores were a one-stop-shop for musicians, artists,
writers, etc? The stores aren't that big (from what little I can see
through the windows), so it would probably need to be more of a supply
shop (i.e. guitar strings, not guitars). I know I'd make real good use
of a place like that, as I'm always in need of strings or batteries or
something of that sort. This is also the sort of place that will
potentially draw non-residents. It would probably be worth it to check
out the competition in CP and Mt Rainier, though.

Anyway, I'm down for a meeting at S&Js or something. I love
brainstorming. Unfortunately my schedule is hectic and erratic, so my
ability to get in on the action will come and go.

And speaking of music, are there any drummers on the list in need of a band?