[RP TownTalk] Community Forklift

Jonah Blaustein jonah at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 26 13:01:04 UTC 2006

Community Forklift in Edmondston is having grand opening celebrations
this weekend. I've been there a few times and it's worth a visit just
to get ideas.   -Jonah

Let's Celebrate!
Jim, Jon, Billy and Ruthie invite you to the

Grand Opening of Community Forklift
April 27-29, 2006

Have you checked out Community Forklift yet? We are the DC metro area's
surplus, salvaged, and green building materials store - owned and
operated by the nonprofit Sustainable Community Initiatives. You can
donate building materials to receive a tax deduction, or buy new and
used items at very low prices!

Our goals are to:

*	Lift up communities by making repairs more affordable for homeowners,
small businesses and community groups;
*	Reduce construction waste, decreasing the demand for virgin materials
and keeping reusable materials out of landfills and incinerators;
*	Create career opportunities for local residents; and
*	Educate the public about green building materials and methods,
especially reuse.

It's time to celebrate our opening!
Please come to our party on April 29, 2006.

Where:

The Community Forklift store at
4671 Tanglewood Drive in Edmonston, MD (the Hyattsville area)
Call 301-985-5180 or find detailed directions
<www.communityforklift.com.>

What & When:

Contests and Special Discounts
All day, Thurs. April 27 - Sat. April 29

Green Building Commerce Fair
Meet Local Businesses that Choose to Reuse - Fri. April 28 & Sat. April
29, 1-4 pm

Workshops for Do-It-Yourselfers
New Lives for Old Materials - Sat. To Be Announced
A Woman Did It - Sat. 12 pm

Kids' Activities
Green Games - Sat. 11 a.m.
Dollhouses for Little Treehuggers - Sat. 1-4 pm

Potluck and BBQ
Meat & Veggie - Sat. 4-8 pm

Blessing of the Green Builders
Multi-Denominational - Sat. 5 pm