[RP TownTalk] Town Center Clock

ABragg7393 at aol.com ABragg7393 at aol.com
Fri Aug 11 18:03:16 UTC 2006

I appreciate our past Mayor's comments about the Clock. I was hoping Ann
Ferguson would offer her knowledge and expertise on the subject.  I was shocked
when someone mentioned "getting rid of it"??  The Clock is probably the best
landmark we have in the town.  Remember the old mural.  Now gone and forgotten?
I remember when Ann used to take care of the clock.  One call to town hall
and the clock was under repair if someone noticed it not working or chiming
wrong or not chiming at all.  In fact, I  remember when the clock company came to
service it.  I was so surprised that they could actually get inside the clock
face.  I think I might have taken a picture of that.  I'll have to search for
it.  I also remember when Ann used to take care of the trees, the gardens, the
trash containers, and the town in general.  It was a common sight to see her
picking up some trash, weeding the planters and maintaining our town.   I want
to publicly say Thank You to Ann Ferguson for all the work she put into our
town.  We may not have noticed it then, but it sure is obvious now.  Thanks Ann
and please continue to bless us with your knowledge and experience.  Audrey
Bragg

Audrey