[RP TownTalk] Fwd: Mayor and Council Salaries

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 19:54:19 UTC 2006

by all means, pay *at least* the going rate among towns of similar
size or endowment.  we want the best people available to do the job,
because we want riverdale park to be a desirable place to live and
work and visit.

low taxes are associated with low levels of services and poor
amenities. higher taxes are associated with higher levels of services
and good amenities. you get what you pay for. it's really as simple as
that. south dakota consistently gets ranked #1 on the "business
friendly tax state" scale.  all of you planning a move to South Dakota
in the near future raise your hands.

Dwight Holmes