[RP TownTalk] Stipend increase

JayRite at aol.com JayRite at aol.com
Thu Dec 7 20:44:19 UTC 2006

Sarah,

I think it's a 4th reason that you sort of mentioned in the bottom of your
post.
I think Councilmembers Kiernan and Donaldson did mean NO (it certainly
didn't mean yes!).
On many occasions in politics, if an opportunity presents itself to avoid a
negative voting record, by voting "abstained"; that opportunity will be
taken.  Councilmembers Kiernan and Donaldson, while realizing that  there would not
be enough yes votes to carry the legislation, more than likely  abstained
from voting at all, to protect their voting record, and subsequently  concealing
their real bottom line opinions on the matter. We may not like it,  and it may
seem like a cop-out, but it is what it is, and it's their right  to do so.

Just my opinions, and mine alone.

Jay Wright

In a message dated 12/7/2006 12:15:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,