[RP TownTalk] Smoke Free PG

Rob Oppenheim rob.oppenheim at comcast.net
Sun Jan 8 08:39:17 UTC 2006

All public bars and restaurants in PG County are now required to be smoke free.

To check out how the new law is working, I dropped by our own local friendly
pub/honky tonk, the S&J, late Saturday night and was pleasantly surprised.
The air was clear. Really. And business seemed lively too. So far - very good.

My smoking friends will tell you that I am hyper sensitive to smoke, and
I can honestly report that the air inside was fine. I had a good time and I
came home without my clothes smelling of smoke.

S&J has an outside deck with a tent top and heater for the smokers.
Steve is planning on improving this area and putting in a stronger heater.
(Non-smokers would do well to sit away from the door to the smoking deck.)

The County banned smoking from public bars - but not from private clubs.
Private clubs might pull away so many patrons that we could loose the
only successful business left in town center. Hopefully, non-smokers will
make up the difference! If you have avoided S&J's or Dumm's Sub shop due
to the smoke, I urge you to give it another try.

I am having lunch at S&Js 12:30 Sunday 1/8/05 with my Dad.
Please join us!

Take care
Rob Oppenheim