[RP TownTalk] Talking to the Town

David Hiles hilesd at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 22 16:40:11 UTC 2006

Happy Saint Walter's Day.

Re minutes or video of meetings available to the public in a modern
fashion:

I think it would be nice to start with the simple(?) task of getting
something transcribed and posted on the web.  The TV webcasting is a
neat idea, but it will take longer to implement and would be useless
for people with slow internet connections.  I can read faster than I
can watch TV.

Whether the code enforcement officer spends some of her time doing the
transcription from video or if the town pays for it differently by
jobbing it out to a transcription service is a management call.  Since
the minutes are going to be typed up anyway, the original proposal was
about
	1)  changing the timing of public release and
	2)  enhancing the means by which to make that release

I know people can eventually get the minutes by going over to the town
hall and picking up a copy, but it is easy to do better than that these
days.

I know I have nothing to complain about compared to Arthur Dent.  He,
after all, had been notified about the freeway going through his house
because the pertinent announcement had been posted inside a locked
filing cabinet in the basement of the local planning office.  Behind a
sign that says, "Beware of the Leopard". I want more accessible minutes
anyway.

WE are who we have been waiting for.
http://riverdalepark.blogspot.com/