[RP TownTalk] Violent Dog and Town contact information

Dannielle Glaros dgriverdalepark at comcast.net
Fri Jul 7 13:11:38 UTC 2006

Hi!

First, I want to encourage all of the town residents to directly call town
staff if there is ever a concern we need to handle.  While I periodically
read towntalk, it really is best to contact us directly.

Town Offices are open from 8:30-5pm  M-F  301-927-6381

Public Works is open from 7am-3:30pm.  Although, they oftentimes work later.
301-864-1803

Code Enforcement works various hours, including weekends and holidays to
enforce our codes.  Their regular hours are 8:30-5pm M-F.  301-927-6381

If you need us at any other time, please call the police directly.  The
police will then contact various town staff, who are always on call, to
attend to emergencies.

Dannielle

Below is the note sent to me from Code Enforcement in response to the
violent dog situation.

The Code Enforcement Department can assist with the violent dog situation.

Code 10-4 (b) Penalties for nuisance animals

First, thanks for the email-info- it helps when we are informed of such
situations so that we can assist the residents - :)

The Town Code covers such situations as described in the email.  Residents
as well as the Police Department can and should contact the Code Enforcement
Department for assistance in such matters.  We will conduct an
investigation, send notice to the animals owner- as well as- property owner
and upon notice, they will be given 10 days to remove or abate the
problem-If the situation is not rectified in ten days, a citation will be
issued and continue to be issued with graduating penalty until compliance is
achieved.

Solutions that we will recommend to the animals owner, might include: Higher

Fence- Proper oversight of animal when outside and perhaps animal
relocation.

If I can get an exact address of the nuisance animal- I will immediately
send a letter- I will then get a copy of the police log showing that the
Riverdale Park Police responded to an animal complaint at that address and
the disposition, I will then contact animal control requesting a copy of any
info they might have and status if any, on this particular animal.  The
owner will be held accountable for the dog's actions.

The Code Enforcement Department Can and Will help!!!  :)

Residents are always encouraged to contact the Code Enforcement Department
301-927-6381/ 240-508-8460

Thanks again

Colleen

Dannielle Glaros