[RP TownTalk] Update on Patriot Group Condos

Rob Oppenheim rob.oppenheim at comcast.net
Sun Jul 9 01:39:05 UTC 2006

Update on Patriot Group Condos

At last Monday's Council meeting (7/3/06), the Patriot Group asked council
members what they thought of the condominium project at Dumm's Corner.

The exchange was polite but firm. Three of the councilmembers (myself,
Mary Donaldson, and Gerald Kiernan) found it unacceptable either because
of its height or other areas where it varied from the M-UTC guidelines and
because it would set a worrisome precedent.

At the end of the session, Patriot announced: "I don't think this project ... is going
to go forward". and "We did enjoy working with you. ... we would certainly look
forward to working with you on another project".

And so it would appear that this project is stopped, at least in this form.

You can read what the Gazette had to say about the meeting here:
http://www.gazette.net/stories/070606/portnew191449_31963.shtml
I think they may have gotten a few quotes wrong, but the gist of the
story is correct.

-Rob Oppenheim