[RP TownTalk] Riverdale Park Budget, a few more questions

Gerald King Gerald at geraldking.com
Wed Jun 7 20:28:52 UTC 2006

Neighbors, Council Members, and Mr. Mayer,

If as mentioned below,
>Councilperson Donaldson said that we have more than $600,000 in the
> reserve fund....
and additional space is needed to,
> provide more archival storage space and a meeting room dedicated to the
> council.

Might I purpose:
    1. Purchase or obtain by eminent domain the  property and building that
formally housed the Riverdale Bookshop.
    2. Restore and renovate the building to accommodate archival storage, an
extra meeting room for the council and a
               retail space for a small business.
    3. Lease the front section of the complex (retail space) to the former
bookshop owners for a reasonable fee and /or with a
               stipulation that the they carry on as they had in the past as
a library and citizens center.
    4. Contract with the Bookshop to reinstitute its varied community
programs: e.g.. Festival of Lights, Music Junction, Street
              Arts Festival, etc.

Gerald King