[RP TownTalk] snapping turtle

Leslie Plant soapmkr at erols.com
Mon Jun 12 18:32:48 UTC 2006

Two years ago, Tru and I observed the same thing while taking
the "shortcut" between the baseball diamond and woods in the
park at the end of Somerset.  It was a magical moment seeing
mama snapper lay her eggs right in our own neighborhood.
When I realized what was going on, we scurried on by so we
wouldn't disturb her anymore than we had already.  I marked
the day on the calender so we could haunt the area when the
turtles were due to hatch but we weren't lucky enough to catch
that act.