[RP TownTalk] Character Counts

Leslie Plant soapmkr at erols.com
Thu Mar 16 13:40:55 UTC 2006

Since Jonah and I have resided here in RP we've learned about how hard some
of our amazing, civic-minded neighbors worked to have "a local development
plan to create design standards and a concept plan to manage development in
designated town center areas (from the introduction at
http://www.mncppc.org/cpd/PDFs/Riverdale/Introduction.pdf)."  This was a
fabulous move and I'm so appreciative of all of the folks who worked on it.

After all the careful thought that went in to making sure that the M-U-T-C
Zone was utilized in RP's development future, why then would the town
entertain these variances to begin with, especially for an apartment (condo)
building which will do nothing (at least, in my opinion) to enhance the
quality of life in our town.  If the apartment building is a done deal, so
be it, but why don't we keep to "the plan" in terms of stories.

Leslie