[RP TownTalk] Anacostia River Hike

bruce.wernek at mindspring.com bruce.wernek at mindspring.com
Fri Mar 24 14:12:09 UTC 2006

All

I will be taking a group of folks for a hike along the Anacostia River Sunday Mar 26th at 12 noon.  The plan is to meet at the old Riverdale Bookshop at noon and leave for Colmar Manor Park at 12:15.  After arriving at Colmar Manor, I will guide a ~2 mile hike though sections of Colmar Manor Park and along the Anacotia.  Anyone who wants to come is welcome.  Kids and dogs are also invited.  It will take between 1 and 1 1/2 hours to complete the hike.

It's a great time of year to explore the Anacostia because the vegetation is just beginning to grow back from the winter die off.  The woodlands are free of brush so it's an easy hike though them.  An additional plus is that it's been dry so there are few wet areas along this stretch of the river.  If any of you are fishermen, there are several fishing holes along the route.

Hope you can make it.

Bruce