[RP TownTalk] Notifying police of suspicious activities

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Wed May 10 10:49:55 UTC 2006

RE calling in suspicious activity to the police; I
totally agree!  Sad thing is, it seems some people go
by the "if it's not happening to me, I'll keep my nose
out of it" school of thought.  I heard a woman in my
apartment building screaming "Help Me! Help Me!" and
crying last week, so I ran in my apt. and called the
police.  Other neighbors asked me what was going on,
and when I told them I called the police, they acted
like I should've ignored the screams!  All I know, if
something was happening to me to make me scream like
that, I'd want someone to help (but don't ever try to
intervene in such things directly, as you could get
hurt, too; get the police to handle it).  (by the way,
it was a "domestic altercation")