[RP TownTalk] Friends of Preservation in Riverdale Park - Thursday May 18th 7:30 pm

Alan Thompson & Sarah Wayland twacks at his.com
Wed May 17 12:38:07 UTC 2006

The next meeting of the Friends of Preservation in Riverdale Park will
be held Thursday, May 18th at 7:30 PM. I'm not sure where - perhaps
someone else who was at the last meeting can send a notice to the list
regarding the location?

At the last meeting we discussed the following topics.

- How to educate people about the the Historic Preservation District.
Some ideas included submitting a regular column to the Town Crier and
organizing a seminar on submitting the paperwork for getting a tax
credit for fixing up houses in the district. We also discussed putting
up signs that indicate the boundaries of the district, and amending the
district boundaries as more of our homes turn 50.

- A celebration and walking tour showcasing the homes that have
turned/will turn soon/ or are turning 100 this year.

- Teaming up with the Hyattsville Preservation Association. Ann Barrett
was present and had lots of good information for us. Some items of
note:
   (a) Hyattsville Preservation Association website:
www.preservehyattsville.org; also a list serve for all issues
preservation
   (b) Hyattsville House Tour is Sunday, May 21st  from 1pm - 5 pm. Get
tickets in advance at Franklins (and other places I'm sure), or at the
Hyattsville Town Hall the day of the tour.

- Putting together a list of contractors who can help you maintain your
home.

Come join us tomorrow evening!

-Sarah Wayland
  4711 Sheridan Street