[RP TownTalk] Ward 2 Road Project News

David Hiles hilesd at mindspring.com
Mon May 29 19:17:34 UTC 2006

My messages to this list are being moderated because I was judged to
have violated the posting standards.
************************************

I recently spoke with Mary Donaldson, Ward 2 Councilperson I learned
the following about the road work that just started in our area.

The sections of Sheridan and Somerset between 48th and Taylor Roads are
subject to a county storm drain project which began this spring. The
county is paying $125,000 for the project. The town is overseeing the
work. The project will replace 1860’ of pipe, four storm drains, and
six manholes. The gas and water lines need to be updated on 13 houses
before the drain pipes are installed. The contract specifies that the
utilities will “patch the existing deteriorated roadway.”

Washington Gas began their part of this project this week, moving their
pipes that were in the way. The road project had to wait on Washington
Gas. After the gas lines have been fixed, WSSC will fix the water
lines, and then the town’s contractors will finish up with the drain
pipe.

Sheridan and Somerset streets were dirt roads until they were paved in
1952. They will not be replaced as part of this project. The town
engineer is doing a survey of the condition of all the town’s
streets. This was last done in 1995. Since these streets were on the
work list back then, they should be on the 2006 version.

WE are who we have been waiting for.
http://riverdalepark.blogspot.com/