[RP TownTalk] Calvert Park

ABragg7393 at aol.com ABragg7393 at aol.com
Mon Nov 27 19:26:52 UTC 2006

Hi,  I don't' know who you are or how long you have lived here.  I might
suggest that when one writes an email we get a name at the bottom, because I can't
identify with the email name.  I would like to call you by name.  Anyway - I
totally agree with you about the trash along the river park.  The Park and
Planning are responsible for this area.  They don't do a good job and maybe our
town officials need to call them on it with a very strong letter.  The
Anacostia Watershed Society organizes clean up of that area 2 times per year.  I have
worked on it sifting through the trash and cleaning up.  I remember the last
time I was there, exhausted, soaked to the skin picking up the mess and a
Spanish speaking person rode by on his bike and said "loco" to us.  Great.  Yes we
do need to do something.  The condoms are bad but how about the human feces.
Yes, there is that too.  Maybe we can all address separate letters to P&P and
start getting some action.  They can clean up, they can patrol, the can do
something to make our park and our river a pleasant place for us to go.  So if
you will lead the grass roots effort, I will be glad to help and certainly I
will write my letter.  Thanks for bringing this to the attention of the list.  It
is a very important issue.  It is quality of life.

Audrey