[RP TownTalk] Your help is needed

Dannielle and Steve Glaros glaros at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 27 21:13:56 UTC 2006

On the 9th and 10th, something special will be happening in Riverdale
Park and I need your help to make it a reality.

On December 9th and 10th, the first annual holiday market will be held
in conjunction with the Festival of Lights.  In a mere 6 weeks--Andie
Huberty, Alan Thompson, Jim Coleman, Pat Gladding, Marc Stauffer,
Marita Novicky, and Anissa Sunday--have pulled together a two-day event
full of fun and festivities and even raised funds to cover its costs.
Over 20 vendors (food and gifts) will be at Town Center!  This is a
farmers' market with all of your favorites and more!

In addition, to all of the formal publicity banners, ads and signs, I
need your help.  I need to create BUZZ for this event and one of the
best ways to do that is for each of you to send the email below to all
of your friends and colleagues.  So, just cut and paste the information
below into an email to your friends.  Send one now and send one as a
reminder later.   With a simple click, you can help us create a lively
Town Center!

Invite friends to join you in our own Town to shop and eat.  The food
will be amazing---homemade donuts, veggie chili, crepes, ribs, sausage
biscuits, baklava, homemade christmas breads and more.  The shopping
will be great--homemade jewelry and kids clothes, dried herbs, fair
trade coffee, homemade soaps, artwork just to name a few.  Details are
all at www.rpholidaymarket.com.

Thanks and see you there on the 9th and 10th!
Dannielle Glaros
Deputy Town Administrator

I hope you'll join us at Riverdale Park's Holiday Market and Festival
of Lights on December 9 and 10!

Holiday Market and Festival of Lights at Riverdale Park will be held
from 1 pm to 9 pm Saturday, Dec. 9 and 12 pm to 5 pm on Sunday, Dec. 10
at Riverdale Park Town Center, 4650 Queensbury Road, Riverdale Park.
Here is your chance to find unique holiday gifts, enjoy live music and
great food, take your (free) picture with Santa, find that perfect
holiday tree and wreath, and take evening trolley rides through town to
see the holiday lights.

- Unique Gifts
- Christmas Trees and Wreaths
- Trolley Rides
- Hot Cider, Cocoa and Coffee
- Santa Claus will be there!

And, if it is really cold, heaters to keep you warm!

Visit http://www.rpholidaymarket.com/ for a list of participants,
schedule of events and directions, or call Town Hall at 301-927-6381
for information.