[RP TownTalk] Fences - the tall and the short of it

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 12:56:11 UTC 2006

I appreciate all the hard work that's going into this process (would that
citizens always had such a good opportunity to hear, understand, and have
input on legislative proposals!!!) and how difficult it is to find the right
balance.

Personally, I strongly agree with those who favor more stringent control
over front fences -- let them be short and attractive -- and much less
control over side and rear fences.  In a town such as ours that has such a
wide diversity of lot sizes and types of homes -- not to mention diversity
of people! -- I think it prudent that the town adopt less stringent rules
for side and rear fences.  Be it for dogs, privacy or just good ol' personal
preference, up to 6' fences seems reasonable for those who want them.