[RP TownTalk] Fences - the tall and the short of it

Lou King lking at knob.com
Wed Oct 18 17:16:41 UTC 2006

I think Sarah has it right.

For those that want high fences beside your house, you can get them. Get
you neighbors to agree they also want to wall you and your yard off from
the rest of the world === That's editorializing let me try again.

For those that want 6 foot fences in your side yard, for what ever
reason, (dogs etc) you can get them.  The process of requesting a
variance is written into the proposed law.  As is now the council's
practice if you want a variance, get your neighbors, the people that
will be most effected by the fence, to agree and unless it's a 10 foot
steel fence a variance to the shorter rule will most likely be granted.
I can even think of cases where a 10 foot fence would be approved.

(Back to the previously scheduled program) I don't really have a dog in
this fight, I don't really have any (physically) close neighbors.  Ten
years ago I did plant lilacs along East Beale Crl. to get some
separation from the traffic. Now if I could figure out how to get people
to use the trash can on Queensbury instead of the ground...

Lou