[RP TownTalk] EYA Meeting

Dannielle Glaros dgriverdalepark at comcast.net
Tue Sep 19 13:24:15 UTC 2006

Just a quick point of clarification.The mayor and council members are paid a
small amount by the Town--$200 per a ward representative per a month and
$400 for the mayor per a month.  This salary has been in effect since 1995.
At the last Council meeting, Councilman Oppenheim introduced legislation,
which the Council approved, that would increase the salaries for the Town's
elected officials.  A copy of the proposed legislation will be in the
upcoming October issue of the Town Crier.

In addition to this change, there has been some discussion on whether
members of the Council should be paid additionally on a per meeting basis.
However, some council members felt that attending meetings should be an
expected part of the job.

Dannielle

Dannielle Glaros

Deputy Town Administrator