[RP TownTalk] Dead chicken?

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 22 10:59:39 UTC 2006

Yet another dead chicken?  And again it's on the
tracks?  I don't believe it's anything to do with
cockfighting, I still think it has to do with the
occult.  I've checked various sources online, etc.,
and apparently crossroads are considered a place of
"power." (voodoo, etc) If these chickens are
constantly being found at the crossroads of Queensbury
Road and the railroad track, I'm betting there's some
ceremony involved.  Of course, if the chickens are
being found on the tracks at other places than
crossroads, it's entirely possible that it's just some
very, very sick people who like to kill animals....
Either way, very creepy.  Possibly the Town Crier
could address the "chicken plague" in a future issue?
if it'd be just once that someone found a dead
chicken, but this is, what, the 4th or 5th time that
I've heard of.  There's a book out now called "Weird
Maryland," all kinds of MD legends, etc.  Maybe the
Riverdale Park chicken sacrifices could make a future
edition?  :)