[RP TownTalk] The mayor's proposal for a community center as part of the redevelopment of Dumm's Corner

Lou King lking at knob.com
Thu Sep 28 13:21:16 UTC 2006

Interesting information. The significance of surveys results is hard to
evaluate because respondents are a self selecting group; _No_ is a
stronger emotion and more apt to evoke action.  Saying "yes" to some
vague public good is less likely to result in a survey response.

To supplement the survey it would be interesting to also see the level
of participation in public funded activities related to population.  For
example, how many school aged children use the Boys and Girls Club /
number of children in town based on 2000 census. All public actives,
clubs, egg hunts, etc. should have the information.  As noted by others,
the census information is 6 years old, but it is all we have to work with.

Lou King