[RP TownTalk] weekends

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 28 16:40:29 UTC 2006

How do I spend my weekends?  Let me count the ways...

It's a shame, but I have to go OUT of town for any
activities; I've already "done" the mansion tours,
both by myself and with people I've brought in from
other areas.  I love going into the museums in DC -
think of it, most of those places are Federally
funded, and all it costs is the subway fare!  (of
course we're not counting all of the plastic dinosaurs
you have to buy in the gift shops :)   ) If you go
outside the DC area, you almost always have to pay to
visit museums and historical attractions. I also love
the Martin Luther King library.  As a bona fide
bookworm, any library that you have to browse in
floor-by-floor is fine with me.  I wish we did have
more here in town in the way of free outdoor concerts,
or flea markets, etc., although then you have to plan
where these activities would be held.