[RP TownTalk] Trains and Horns

Brian D. Boettger Brian_Boettger at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 15 19:01:20 UTC 2007

Does anyone know what the regulations are on trains, train crossings, and the use of the horn? Some days/weeks go by and I seemingly don't hear a train. This past Friday night between the hours of 11:30pm to 2am, I think I heard a train horn every 15 minutes. Just as I would fall asleep a train horn would wake me up.
I grew up near a similar train crossing and don't remember this type of disturbances.
Is there something that can be done at the crossing to eliminate the late night horns?
Thanks
Brian, Ravenswood