[RP TownTalk] Trains & Horns

OurDollMom at aol.com OurDollMom at aol.com
Tue Apr 17 11:45:05 UTC 2007

I was talking to someone last week about
our getting the new lock down rr track
stuff and then no horns etc - the people
standing around said Oh Yes, we had those
lock down stuff done, the horns stopped and then
somebody got killed by the train.  So now we
still have the horns.

I walked those tracks when I was in my 20s
and 30s and I did not hear the trains coming -
it was the horn that warned me.  I have good
hearing even now.  My kids all walked the
train tracks.  And my step son still walks the
train tracks.  I have seen homeless walking
the tracks - and even sitting on a rail eating
lunch.  My friend and I used to put our ear
to the rail to see if we could hear the train
coming like in the movies.

I do not have good feelings about stopping the
horns inspite of the lock down equipment. Maybe
Audrey has a  point that if the arms do not go down
in time, the conductor keeps blowing his horn.

emily