[RP TownTalk] trains etc

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 24 11:45:57 UTC 2007

I'm glad there are other people in town who agree with
me that the train horns are a part of what makes our
town unique.  Can I ask, has the "problem" with train
horns always been around, or is it fairly recent?  Is
it long-time residents who are complaining, or people
who've lived here for just a few years or less?  As I
said, I've lived in town 20 years this year, and as my
family was in railroading for several generations,
having the trains where I could sit at my window and
see (and hear!) them is one reason I live where I do.
(and I live right next to the track)  Too many older
towns are being turned into cookie-cutter suburbs with
nothing to distinguish them from anywhere else,
there's nothing to hear, nothing to see, nothing
unique.  Please, don't let our town go that way, let's
learn to live with the trains, not fight them.